Sunday, November 19, 2006

A Busy Quilting Weekend!!

Saturday was our regular Saturday quilting class at the Schilling Community Center. Sensai Barbie had two pattern options for us as she always does. I had fabric with me for both patterns, but since I'd already made the table runner a few months ago, I decided to start with the Santa. Lots of little pieces to cut out, but as Barbie had promised, the cutting was the hardest part!!

By early in the afternoon I was done with the Santa block and just had to finish the scrappy border...

I spent a few hours today layering the quilt and then began quilting it. It's one of my UFOs right now... but I'll get it done soon!!


I still had a few hours of class left, so I decided to cut out the Christmas Tree Table Runner... I got the tree blocks pieced at class and finished putting it all together today. So.. another UFO!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jan,

I can't believe how prolific you are! Your quilts are georgeous, and I love your Holiday Themed ones. Those are so very different and special! You must be having such a great time! If I ever get over to your corner of the woods in Japan, I'll have to drop in for a quilting lesson - - - hahhahaha!!

Margaret (mwong92683)