Sunday, November 12, 2006

My Scrappy Kitties Quilt


Scrappy Cats was the class project in October. At first, I wasn't going to make this one because I'm not overly fond of cats. But as I look at patterns to use the fabric I had recently gotten, I thought that it might be a fun thing to do.

My daughter told me that her Aunt Elaine likes "flip flops," so when I decided to make my former sister-in-law a quilt, I searched for fabric that would fit her theme. I found two "focus fabrics" that I thought would be perfect -- the multi-colored flip flops on a black background and the hot pink batik...


















Once I decided to use those fabrics for the Scrappy Cats, I invaded my stash and found some great brights to add to the quilt.




This was a pretty quick quilt to piece. By the end of the all-day class, I had the top all pieced, including the scrappy border! I still needed to applique the hearts, layer the quilt top with batting and a brightly colored backing, and then quilt it. Today, I finished hand sewing the binding.




...I really like this one -- and I think Elaine will LOVE it!! I hope she doesn't see it here before she gets it in the mail!!

No comments: