Sunday, October 22, 2006

Amy's quilt is quite purple!

When I asked my daughter Amy if she would like a quilt, she was excited. Her graduation quilt from her Aunt Barb was destroyed in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Her only criteria -- she loves purple and she didn't want a white background color... No problems... I seldom use much white in my quilts!!


I had really already made another quilt for her -- a radiant star that I'll write about later -- but when I showed her both pictures, she liked this one better. I'm not surprised!


This is a rail fence pattern -- simple to piece...


Rail Fence


Here's a little detail... Amy quilt detail


This one still needs to be layered and quilted. Once it's finished, I'll post a picture of Amy with her new quilt! But right now this one is in my UFO stack!! :)

No comments: