Saturday, October 28, 2006

More UFOs!! My Quilt Stash Continues to Grow!!

Two Saturdays each month I take a quilting class on Kadena Air Base. Barbie Knickerbocker is the instructor, and we just get together and have a great time! Today I used my class time to catch up on some of my recently finished quilts...

The project for this month was a Cat Quilt -- I made mine last week. I wasn't sure if I really wanted to do this one because I'm not overly fond of cats... but then I had an idea!! I had just received some fabric that I wanted to use in a quilt for my former sister-in-law, Elaine... (Don't tell her!! It's supposed to be a surprise!!) According to Rebecca, she's been decorating with "zori"...


I have to admit, I LOVE the way this one turned out! It's still a UFO, though!


Another quilt that's nearly finished is one that's very special to me. In August, I decided to make a quilt using some fall colors... and Barbie helped me to decide on a maple leaf quilt. I started the quilt that evening. The next week, just before I was heading to Barbie's to quilt, my sister called with news that my Dad had just died. So this quilt is dedicated to my Dad... it's so appropriate, I think... one of my favorite memories from childhood is our yearly trips to Burton, Ohio, to get maple syrup. And then... eating that maple syrup on my Dad's special French toast!! YUMMY!!

No comments: